成立: 1836, with inclusion from the start! One of the first coeducational institutions in the United States
机构类型: 私人的，非宗派的，与 国家资助的 programs in engineering and art and design.
地点: 阿尔弗雷德，纽约, a village in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains about an hour west of Corning, an hour and a half south of Rochester and two hours from Buffalo.
学生: 约1,600 undergraduates and nearly 150 graduate students from 43 states and 16 countries attend full-time on the Alfred campus. We have approximately 90 additional part-time graduate students on the Alfred, 纽约大学, and 475 graduate students enrolled in our AUNY NYC-metro area programs.
校园: 232 acre campus with more than 50 academic and residential buildings. Residential, student-centered, vibrant living/learning community. Plus another 400 acres of nearby recreational land.
招生: 入学是有选择性的. 在一般情况下, admitted undergraduate students have an A, B+ or B high school average and the middle 50% have SAT scores between 910 and 1140. Admitted graduate students should have a 3.平均绩点0分或以上.
金融援助: 超过 95% of the entering first year class receives some type of financial assistance: university, 联邦, 国家和私人.
毕业生: Surveys of AU graduates consistently reveal that one year after graduation 98% of our students land jobs or are in graduate school.
程序: 47 undergraduate majors and 65 minors. 我们也提供实习机会, research and study abroad opportunities in the following schools and colleges:
班级规模: 平均每班人数为18人. 学生/教师比例为13:1.
教师: 90% of the faculty have doctorates or terminal degrees in their discipline. 教学是教师的首要任务.
学术日历: Two semesters, an Allen Term (Winter Term) and two summer term sessions.
库: Two libraries with extensive electronic resources supporting undergraduate and graduate programs.
研究: 本科 research is the hallmark of an Alfred University degree. AU's research programs and "Centers for Excellence" complement academic programs.
技术: 100% network-wired, with wireless zones in selected locations. The ratio of students to computers in labs, clusters and classrooms is 6:1. There is a laptop lending program and a fully-staffed Information Technology Services HelpDesk.
俱乐部和组织: 超过 80 recognized clubs and organizations.
体育运动: AU Saxons compete on 22 varsity teams including 17 NCAA Division III sports, one USCSA (United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association) sport, one NCA (National Cheerleading Association) and two IHSA (Intercollegiate Horse Show Association) sports. Roughly 30% of all undergraduates play a varsity sport, and approximately half of all AU students participate in either intramural or club sports. 了解更多关于澳大田径.
Alfred University is accredited by:
- The BS program in Materials Science and Engineering is accredited by the Engineering 认证 Commission of 教唆 根据一般准则 and the Program Criteria for Materials, 冶金, Ceramics and Similarly Named Engineering 项目
- The BS program in Ceramic Engineering is accredited by the Engineering 认证 Commission of 教唆 根据一般准则 and the Program Criteria for Materials, 冶金, Ceramics and Similarly Named Engineering 项目
- The BS program in Glass Science and Engineering is accredited by the Engineering 认证 Commission of 教唆
- The BS program in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering 认证 Commission of 教唆 根据一般准则 and the Program Criteria for Mechanical Engineering 项目
- The BS program in Renewable Energy Engineering is accredited by the Engineering 认证 Commission of 教唆 根据一般准则.
Alfred University’s reputation among several third-party sources, including Forbes and The Princeton Review, 是首屈一指的. We're proud to know that we measure up to almost any other institution, 不管你用什么方法.
来看看我们的最新消息 奖 & 赞誉.